Dr. Lav Goyal MD MBA
Focus Area: Prostate, General
Notable work experience:
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2001-2006
- Private practice in West Palm Beach, Florida, 2006-2008
- Radiation Oncologist, Michael and Dianne Bienes Cancer Center, Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 2008-Present
- American Board of Radiology – Radiation Oncology
- Residency, Department of Radiation Oncology – Cleveland Clinic Foundation –
- Cleveland, Ohio (1996-2001)
- Chief Resident (7/2000-6/2001)
- University of Miami, M.B.A., 2014
- Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, M.D., 1996
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., 1991
- American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Urologic Association (AUA)
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
- President, North Carolina Council of Affiliated Regional Radiation Oncology Societies (CARROS) 2003
- Distinguished Physician, Florida Medical Association 2004
- Principal investigator of 01-RAD/ONC-461: Intra-operative radiation program at the University of North Carolina. 2001-2006
- Co-Investigator LCCC 0218: Partial Breast Treatment Using Single Dose Intraoperative Radiotherapy for Patients with Early Stage Breast Cancer – A Feasibility Study with Molecular Analysis of Tumors and Normal Breast Epithelial Tissue. 2002-2006
- Co-Investigator for pilot study: Decision Making Under Uncertainty in Men with Prostate Cancer. 2002-2006
- Principle Investigator: Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) 0115: A Phase I Trial of Surgical Resection and Radiation Therapy Delivered Via the Gliasite Delivery System Followed by Re-resection and Gliadel Wafer Placement Followed by Temozolomide as Initial Treatment For Supratentorial Malignant Glioma. 2003-2004
- 02-RAD/ONC-610-ORC: Automatic Localization for Adaptive Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer. 2003-2006
- Co-investigator LCCC 0103: Neoadjuvant Taxotere and Estramustine Followed by Local in the Treatment of Local Advanced Prostate Carcinoma. 2003-2005
- Co-investigator for Department of Defense (DOD) funded trial: Automated organ localization for adaptive radiation therapy for adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Sarang Joshi, Principal Investigator. 2004-2006
- 8/05-9/06 Co-principal Investigator LCCC 0420: A Phase I/II Study of Concurrent Weekly Doxetaxel, Androgen Ablation, and Adaptive External Beam Radiotherapy for Localized High-Risk Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate.
- Goyal LK, Fried, DF. Surgical Outcomes after Radical Prostatectomy in Patients with Biopsy Gleason Score of 8-10 Adenocarcinoma of the Prostate. Submitted to Urology in 4/06.
- Foskey M, David B, Goyal LK, Chang S, Chaney E, Rosenman J, and Joshi S. Large Deformation 3D Image Registration in Image-Guided Radiation Therapy. Submitted to Physics in Medicine and Biology.
- Davis B, Foskey M, Rosenman J, Goyal LK, Chang S, and Joshi S. Automatic Segmentation of Intra-Treatment CT Images for Adaptive Radiation Therapy of the Prostate. In Proceedings of the Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer. To appear.
- Goyal LK. Book review of “Controversies in Gastrointestinal Tumor Therapy” Gastroenterology 128(4): 1140, 2005 April.
- Goyal LK. Post RP radiotherapy: Do We or Don’t We? Contemporary Urology. 16(5): 44-53, May 2004
- Hercbergs AA, Goyal LK, Suh JS, Lee SY, Reddy CA, Cohen BH, Stevens GH, Reddy SK, Peereboom DM, Elson PJ, Gupta MK, Barnett GH. Propylthiouracil-Induced Chemical Hypothyroidism with High-Dose Tamoxifen Prolongs Survival in Recurrent High Grade Glioma: a Phase I/II Study. Anticancer Research. 23: 617-626, 2003 Jan-Feb.
- Goyal LK, Suh JH, Reddy CA, Barnett GH. The Role of Whole Brain Radiotherapy and Stereotactic Radiosurgery On Brain Metastases From Renal Cell Carcinoma. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 47(4): 1007-12, 2000 Jul 1
- Goyal LK, Suh JH, Mohan DS, Prayson RA, Lee J, Barnett GH. Local Control and Overall Survival in Atypical Meningioma: A Retrospective Study. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 46(1): 57-61, 2000 Jan 1.
- Ha CS, Dubey P, Goyal LK, Hess M, Cabanillas F, Cox JD. Localized Primary Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Of The Breast. American Journal of Clinical Oncology. 21(4): 376-80, 1998 Aug.